I write this as I’m curled up on my couch, wrapped in a fuzzy blanket, sipping on my bowl of Winter Weight Loss soup. They always say that the best creations come out of your own need and while I’m freezing my buns off this February in New York City, I couldn’t ask for anything more. I must note though, winter or not, this soup is any season approved and packed with nutrition to keep you fueled up.
This soup is so creamy, you wouldn’t believe that there’s no cream. The cauliflower and optional avocado gives it a milk-like consistency, and the garlic and seasoning contribute to the strong warming flavor. So if you’re A) Freezing like me, B) Not freezing, but want to be healthy, or C) Just want something really really good fro dinner, then MAKE THIS SOUP. Thank me later, orr right now on Instagram. 🙂
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 head Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 head Broccoli, chopped in florets
- 1 Onion, diced
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 32 oz. Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Avocado (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a deep pot, pour the vegetable broth, cauliflower, and diced onion over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, add garlic and seasoning, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime place the broccoli florets on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the florets for 30 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Once your cauliflower has softened, pour the contents of the pot, ½ avocado, and half of the broccoli into a blender and puree. (I used a Vitamix!)
- Pour the blender contents back into the pot and reheat over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes. Place the soup in serving bowls and top with the rest of the broccoli and sliced avocado to serve.