It’s cold and muggy out, but that won’t stop me from fueling a workout this morning. Instead of a standard bowl of oatmeal, I woke up feeling adventurous, so opted for this Warm Farro and Berry Yogurt Bowl.It’s the perfect balance of warm farro and stewed raspberries paired with a cooling blueberry yogurt.
Farro is an ancient grain that’s rarely used, but has a satisfying earthy flavor filled with nutrients. Farro has 4x the fiber of white rice and helps boost the immune system with its cyanogenic glucosides. It’s not gluten free, but has much less gluten than wheat. If you’re sensitive to gluten, you can sub the farro for quinoa.
The yogurt I used for this breakfast yogurt bowl is an Aussie Style yogurt called Yulu. Aussie Style yogurt is similar to Greek yogurt, but has a sweeter and richer texture (Doesn’t mean I don’t still love my Greek yogurt!). Yulu is smoothed twice for extra creaminess and works perfect in a warm grain bowl, plus it has 9g of protein! I opted for the blueberry flavor, but you can use any flavor, even honey would be delicious! If you’re vegan or sensitive to dairy, you can opt for a coconut yogurt instead.
Like this recipe? Tweet it your friends.
- ¼ cup farro, uncooked (makes ½ cup cooked)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 container yogurt, I used Yulu blueberry
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- In a small saucepan, place farro, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and let simmer over low until tender, about 20 minutes. Once cooked, stir and remove from heat. Set aside to cool and absorb remaining water for another 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat raspberries over medium heat and stir until they begin to break apart and juices are released, about 3 minutes.
- In a small breakfast bowl place yogurt, cooked farro, and stewed raspberries. Top with chia seeds, stir, and enjoy warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yulu. The opinions and text are all mine.