This Vegan Sunday French Toast is the breakfast (or brunch!) of your dreams. It’s really the easiest thing to make and is dairy free, egg free, and extra impressive. I tried to make this recipe as streamlined as possible. There are only four steps and all are fool-proof. 🙂
Things that all Sundays should consist of:
Breakfast in bed
Sunlight peaking in through the curtains
& this healthy Vegan French Toast, of course!
You can use your choice of bread for the toast, but I recommend finding the thickest (and obviously most nutrient dense) one as possible. I’m a fan of Ezekiel bread or Grindstone Bakery‘s thick gluten-free breads.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread, or bread of choice (the thicker, the better)
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the bread and set aside.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Submerge the bread in the batter until well coated and place on the heated pan. Cook each piece until golden brown, about one minute on each side.
- Remove from the heat and serve stacked with sliced bananas, strawberries, and maple syrup..