We all love a little green, especially when it gives us an excuse to eat a big bowl of linguine. I thought and thought and thought about what kind of sauce to pair with this pasta. Cauliflower alfredo crossed my mind (as did a thick and buttery alfredo), but green always feels healthier and I had a heap of basil laying around sooo.. Creamy Green Dream Pesto Linguine it is!
This isn’t the refined kind of pasta that is stripped of all its nutrients and fiber though, because I don’t roll that way. It’s actually that real good, whole grain einkorn kind of pasta. And by einkorn I mean the purest species of wheat. The einkorn grain has never been hybridized (fancy for crossbred) and is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It’s even healthier and tastier than regular ol’ whole wheat pasta. I used Jovial’s Whole Grain Einkorn Linguine and am a big fan of the rest of their entire pasta and snack selection.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 package Jovial Whole Grain Einkorn Linguine
- 1 cup Pinenuts
- 3 cups Basil
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, each
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add pasta and follow directions on the box.
- In the meantime, in a food processor add all of the ingredients except the linguine and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth, adding water as necessary to reach a pesto-like consistency. If your pesto is still on the thick side, add a touch of oil. If your pesto is on the watery side, add more basil.
- Drain the pasta and in a large bowl, mix the pesto and pasta until well combined. Drizzle with red pepper flakes and serve warm.
Aaand Jovial is running a contest until the end of June to stay at a beautiful 18th century villa right outside of Lucca, Italy to take part in 3 cooking classes. To enter to win and learn more information, click here!