Raw Tara Bars
Energizing raw breakfast bars that are easy to make and will fuel you throughout the day.
Author: Tara Milhem
Serves: 8 bars
- 1 cup dried unsweeteened cherries
- ½ cup medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- In a food processor combine the dried cherries and dates and process until a sticky dough is formed. Add in the raw almonds, then process again until the almonds are broken down and the batter looks uniform. The resulting mixture may appear crumbly, but it should stick together easily when you pinch the mixture with your fingers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and transfer the batter to the flat surface. Press the dough into a flat, rectangle shape. Once the dough is evenly thick, you can slice it into 8 bars.
- Separate the bars and store them in a sealed container in the fridge for best shelf life. When you need to keep a snack in your purse or bag, simply wrap one of these bars tightly in plastic wrap or parchment paper.