Raw. Vegan. And freaking amazing cheesecake bars! Happy Fourth of July to you too.
I’ve bought vegan cheesecake before, but I’ve never actually made my own. These cheesecake bars are not just vegan, but they’re raw too (don’t require any baking!). The cheesy flavor comes from the cashews and lemon juice, and the sweet nutty crust comes from the combination of almonds and dates. A food processor (and some wine glasses!) is all you need to get the most out of this treat.
Fourth of July isn’t complete without two things: sparkling wine and fireworks. This year I went with Gloria Ferrer‘s sparkling wine from Sonoma County, California. The wines are elegant, social, and very fruit-forward making them the perfect pairing for cheesecake bars. It’s all about balance anyways, right? *not kosher
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 cup dates (about 20)
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cup cashews
- 2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Strawberries, for topping
- Blackberries, for topping
- Shredded coconut, for topping
- In a food processor, process dates almonds, salt, and vanilla until the mixture forms a crumbly-sticky substance. Press into bottom of pie pan or bread pan lined with parchment paper and place in freezer
- In a food processor, process all the rest of the ingredients for the filling until smooth, add ¼ cup of water as needed.
- Pour over crust and place back in freezer overnight.
- Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries or blackberries, and shredded coconut before serving
This Gloria Ferrer photo contest is open for entries here!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.