Lately I’ve been playing around with different ideas for buns, like these Grilled Tomato Veggie Sliders, and have gotten a really great response. I thought why not make another version, which led me to the this juicy and delicious Portobello Mushroom Slider! It’s a one kind of “bun” thats a big favorite among vegans and vegetarians alike. It’s also got a ton of benefits and nutrition and beats bread any day. Portobello Mushroom Benefits:
1. B vitamins which help boost metabolism and keep skin and hair healthy
2. High fiber levels leading to better digestion
3. Phosphorus maintains strong bones and powerful muscles
Now wait till I get to the inside of this Portobello Stuffed Slider! I made a delicious cashew cream, admittedly one of my favorite treats, to give it a creamy and cheezy taste. It’s still 100% vegan, gluten free, and dairy free. The cashew cheese is easy to make and all you’ll need is a food processor.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 2 portobello caps
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 lemon
- sesame seeds
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t nutritional yeast
- ½ t salt
- Saute mushroom in soy sauce, but keep them sturdy. Meanwhile, put cashews, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of nutritional yeast, and a minced garlic clove
- into the food processor and blend until smooth. Using your mushroom as buns, assemble the burger by placing the cashew cheese, and sprouts on the bottom of one cap. Top with the second cap. Sprinkle sesame seeds.