So you guys know how much I love my oatmeal cookies. I’ve posted different cookies made with oats more than once and my app (coming out soon!) has yet another addicting recipe. I decided to play around and switch it up today with No Sugar Strawberry Oatmeal Soda Cookies. That’s right, no sugar!!! I used bananas and a secret “soda” ingredient to pump up the flavor, and they’re so clean you can have these cookies for breakfast too. Read on peeps.
I’ll preface this by letting you know that the last time I drank actual soda had to be at least 8 years ago, if that. However, this week I got a pretty little delivery of Zevia Zero Calorie Sodas this week (the healthiest “soda” out there!) and couldn’t help but get creative. Putting the three cans of Ginger Ale and 2 cans of Lemon Lime Twist I downed between Monday and Wednesday aside, by mid-week I was ready to put the Strawberry flavor to use. They work really well in these oatmeal cookies using the Stevia to sweeten and the right amount of natural flavors to add a kick, but not too much. Mmmm.. get your soda here. #ClearlyDifferent
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Zevia Strawberry flavor
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl add bananas and mash. Pour in oats and strawberries and mix. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir until everything is combined.
- Using your hands, scoop 1 inch thick balls onto the baking sheet until all of the batter is used up. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are hardened. Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!