Part 1: My Dream Kitchen Appliances
When I think of my dream kitchen I think of an elegant french country kitchen with a grand island, elaborate white cabinetry, and a hanging garden situated near the window sill. I think of the warm chocolate chip cookies sitting on the counter and the cutting board laid out after chopping all of the fresh veggies now stored in the refrigerator. While the design and decor are essential, I often leave out the big things. I leave out the things that we needed the kitchen for in the first place, the appliances! I always knew in the back of my mind that I wanted a state-of-the-art kitchen graced with a double stove top oven (one for meat, one for dairy), a “smart” fridge, and a large warming tray. At first I thought I might be asking for too much, but then I got invited to New York City’s Rockefeller Center to marvel over LG’s new Signature line featuring the most advanced kitchen appliances out there, namely their InstaView Door-in-Door Double Refrigerator. I think it’s safe to say my aspirations aren’t so crazy after all.
At the event, my amazing stand-in Lauren Unger took a tour, tested it all out, and reported back her findings. In partnership with Dominique Crenn, LG showcased their brand new refrigerator and 2016’s World’s Best Female Chef’s breakfast brioche buns. While LG was also showcasing their new 77″ picture-on-glass television, Combo TWINWash™ washing machine, and impressive air purifier, the LG SIGNATURE Fridge won our hearts over.
This very special fridge has all the perks you’d otherwise be dreaming of. You can knock twice on the outside of the fridge for a transparent image of what’s inside your fridge, store your pantry items in its Custom Chill™ compartment at varying temperatures to make sure all of your food stays fresh, and have your refrigerator door open automatically as you’re approaching. How special is that? If it wasn’t on my dream kitchen list before, it sure is now. Check out the full lineup of LG SIGNATURE products here.
Part 2: Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies made dreaming about above kitchen appliances 🙂
- 1½ cups baking flour (can use GF)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (can use vegan variety)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ -3/4 cup sugar (white, powdered, etc)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- flaky sea salt, to top
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and sugar and mix well. If your butter isn't already melted, use an electric mixer and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until well combined. Using your hands or a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips until they're dispersed throughout.
- Spoon 1½ tablespoons worth of dough per cookie onto the baking sheet. Make sure to spread out the cookies at least 2 inches apart. After finishing up the dough, sprinkle flaky sea salt onto each cookie. Bake until golden brown or about 12 minutes. Let cool for 10 mins, and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by LG, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.