Smooth skin is something I savor. When I eat bad, my skin turns bad and when I don’t wash my face on the regular I can tell the difference almost immediately. With the traveling I’ve been doing lately in airports and experiencing different climates I’ve made it a huge priority to bring a full skincare routine with me. I don’t really like to wear makeup, so having great skin means a lot to me. I always prefer to stick with organic and vegan products because when you use good ingredients, you don’t need to change your routine for the different seasons or when you travel.
I discovered Luminance Skincare while I was searching for an organic and vegan line. They don’t use any synthetic or toxic ingredients. No synthetic preservatives or binders. No petro-chemically derived emulsifiers, waxes, thickeners or fragrances. Every ingredient they use is something I recognize and understand. Every product is specifically formulated to balance the pH of the skin and provide all the nutrients your skin craves for that silky smooth, glowing healthy feeling.
1. Delicate Facial Cleanser: This is a pH balanced soap based cleanser that left my skin feeling really cleansed without any dryness or tight feeling. You actually rinse very lightly, just enough to remove the lather and and leave a little on your skin to moisturize.
2. Pure Rosewater Toner: This step is to rebalance your face after rinsing with tap water, which is way to alkaline for your skin (high pH). After rinsing simply spritz a few spritzes of this toner and your skin will be a perfect low pH. And this is super pure Rose Water without any drying alcohols or astringents. It ‘s just like putting your whole face into a bouquet of fresh roses; it really is that nice.
3. Nourishing Serum: On skin still a little bit moist with the rosewater put a little serum on your fingertips and massage it into your skin. It’s intended to place nutrients and moisture deeply into your skin in preparation for your facial moisturizer. Even before moisturizing my skin was already feeling wonderful.
4. Deep Hydration or Hydration Facial Moisturizer: Ok, this one’s great. My favorite part is that it absorbs quickly and my skin glows from it, without any kind of greasiness.
5. German Blue Chamomile Eye Cream: I just dab this all around my eyes and the first thing I notice is my eyes feel relaxed. The folks at Luminance tell me if used daily it’ll help reduce puffiness and dark circles, but it takes a week or so.