Sweet, juicy, and beautiful are the three words I can think of to describe mangos. They’re that picture-perfect, absolutely delicious fruit that we just can’t get enough of. Recently there’s been a ton of buzz on Instagram on slicing mangos, so I decided to do a quick and easy step-by-step plus share how amazing mangos are for your body and for glowing skin. I’ve also got a quick tip to enhance that natural glow for summer time beauty.
Benefits of mangos:
1. Helps fight cancer cells with its loaded antioxidant power
2. Reduces dark spots, blemishes, and acne with the vitamin A and beta-carotene
3. Unclogs pores and brightens skin with direct contact to the skin
My little skin hack with mangos to enhance the natural glow they give you is to add on a spritz of Vaseline‘s Aloe Soothe Spray that helps moisturize and soften the skin in seconds. It also comes in a beautiful Cocoa Radiant “flavor” that I’m madly in love with!
Now back to the slicing. Follow the steps below for mango madness.
1. Slice the mango halfway lengthwise as close to the pit possible. You should have two sides.
2. Score the inside of each piece creating a checkerboard pattern with a knife. Be careful not to cut through the skin.
3. Invert the slices by pushing out on the skin side until the cubes pop!
It’s easy as can be and, not to mention, sooooooo tasty!