When life gives you a veggie burger you don’t just put a boring bun on it, you grill tomato halves and make Grilled Tomato Veggie Sliders! They’re a lot funner than they may sound and adorable in minis to serve at your Fourth of July get together. The tomatoes compliment the veggie burger so nicely by adding a juicy punch and charred flavor. You can fill up your sliders with anything including sprouts, veggies, avocado. Go crazy here, no limits.
I used Hilary’s Eat Well Veggie Burgers for the veggie burger filling! They’re gluten free, yeast free, and dairy free, so they make the perfect clean eating option. My pick was the Adzuki Bean Burger made out of millet, adzuki beans, and quinoa. It was quick to defrost and place straight on the grill.
If you want to try out Hilary’s Eat Well for free, check out their Summer Backyard BBQ Giveaway!
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Hilary’s Eat Well Veggie Burgers, any flavor
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 avocado, halved
- Using a grill or grill pan cook halved tomatoes until slightly blackened.
- Add veggie burgers and avocado grilling until lightly browned.
- On a plate assemble the veggie burger on top of the tomato with carrots, cabbage, and avocado.
- Serve warm