It has admittedly been a while since I’ve dedicated time to writing a recipe blog post; which is, admittedly, strange to me because I love food, I love writing, and I love recipe developing. Here goes.
For some reason, pre-donut pan, I thought that making donuts was only a thing professional bakers do. Donuts?!?!?! How on earth do you get the perfect shape, and the perfect softness with a hint of crisp? It all seemed way too out there for me.
Fast forward, post-donut pan, and I’m getting real fancy with it. Now I’m making Vegan Gluten-Free Matcha Glazed Donuts like it’s as simple as pie. No pun intended.
I hope you enjoy this rather fluffy, moist, and undeniably delicious matcha glazed donut recipe.
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup honey or agave
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp matcha
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a donut pan.
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine honey, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Make a crater in the dry ingredients bowl and pour in wet ingredients. Stir until the batter is just combined.
- Spoon into the donut pan and bake until the tops are lightly golden, or about 12-15 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, whisk the coconut sugar, matcha, and vanilla extract for the glaze together and drizzle over the donuts once ready.