If you’re craving something refreshing, bright, and summery, then look no further than this Fresh Citrus and Chia Seed Jam! There is no cooking required and you can make ahead and keep it in the fridge for several days to spread over toast or spoon over breakfast oatmeal! Not to mention the benefits that come with it:
1. Grapefruits and oranges help build collagen with high vitamin C contents.
2. Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory and aids in preventing allergies.
3. Chia seeds provide satisfying fiber and protein, and help bind the jam together.
Now it’s time to brighten up your breakfast!
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 grapefruit, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 sprig of mint
- In a bowl with a fork crush the grapefruit and orange. Add honey and mix together.
- Sprinkle the Chia seeds over the crushed fruit and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a jar with the mint sprig and seal the jar.
- Store in an airtight container and let sit in the fridge for a 2 hours or overnight for the chia seeds to absorb the water.
- Spread the jam over toast or enjoy over morning oatmeal.