Start this recipe with these Balsamic-Thyme Oven Roasted Tomatoes before beginning on the salad!
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup French Lentils
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Dill, chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- While you are cooking the tomatoes, place the red onion and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl with a sprinkle of sea salt and set aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water with the bay leaf. One the water is boiling, add the lentils and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the lentils and add them to the bowl with the onion. Add the olive oil, garlic, and some black pepper. Stir to mix and leave to cool. Once cool, add the herbs and gently mix together. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- To serve, pile up the lentils on a large plate or bowl, adding the tomatoes as you build up the pile. 5. Drizzle the tomato cooking juices on top and serve.
Lightly adapted from Ottolenghi's Plenty.