A no cheese pizza? I know. You’re either totally into it, or just plain ready to run the other way. I, too, always thought that a pizza wasn’t a pizza without the cheese, but boy was I wrong. I tested this Fiery Sriracha No Cheese Hummus Pizza using a thin and crispy crust with this hot hummus, and it tasted something like heaven.
The catch is that you can’t make it with just any hummus. You’ve got to use a flavorful one that’ll create a gooey bed for your veggies to roast. I used the Tribe Hummus Fiery Sriracha flavor. I love Tribe, especially for their seasonal flavors and quality ingredients. This limited edition flavor has a special kick that gives this pizza a tang that’s irreplaceable!
Don’t let the idea of using hummus in place of cheese scare you away. It’s a simple method that’s sure to deliver tasty results. I spread a layer of a special hummus over the crust, then made a bed of veggies, and topped it off with dried herbs and a drizzle of olive oil. You can almost do it with your eyes closed. Enjoy. 🙂
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 Pre-made Pizza Crust (I used Udi's Gluten Free Pizza Crust)
- 4 oz Tribe Hummus Fiery Sriracha flavor (or other flavor)
- 10 Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced (preferably juicy ones)
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Dried or Fresh Basil
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper place the pizza crust and spread the hummus over it evenly, leaving about ½ an inch from the edge of the crust.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, and capers over the hummus evenly.
- Seasonw with the oregano, basil, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.