You must be here because you like truffles. I don’t blame you, especially when they’re dairy-free, gluten-free, and easy to make. Like really, really easy to make. I don’t know if it’s my temptation to actually try making a truffle on my own or my love for strawberries, coconut, and chocolate that got me to make these Easy Strawberries and Cream Truffles in the first place, but I’m not complaining.
The good thing about these almost raw and vegan truffles is that they’re so rich and creamy that as badly as you may want to, you won’t end up eating all of them in one sitting. And no, not because they’re not good enough to, but because these are the kind of truffles that you eat two or three and you actually feel satisfied.
Look, I’m queen of sweets and indulging in everything I make, so trust me when I say YOU WON’T EAT ALL OF THESE IN ONE SITTING. I always get into trouble when it comes to those raw-vegan-date-and-cacao-and-more-dates-plus-goji-superfood-powder-desserts that I can barely stand making them anymore. I don’t know what it is about those desserts, but I can literally inhale them in .3 seconds. Well, thankfully this isn’t one of them.
Indulge at your leisure and send me your love when you go craaaazy over this date night, or any night, treat.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- In a food processor, mix the strawberries, coconut butter, and honey.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out the filling with your hands or a scooper to make little balls and place them on the sheet.
- Place the filling balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a pot with about 1 inch of water to a boil. Place another pot over it for a double-boiling method with the chocolate chips and almond milk. Continue stirring until fully melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and with two forks, begin to roll the balls into the chocolate to coat them. Remove and place them each back on the baking sheet. Once all of the balls are done, place the sheet back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, cool off, and enjoy!