One order of Crunchy Quinoa Crusted Avocado Fries please! Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside, these healthy gluten free avocado fries are about to rock your world! They’re “breaded” using a quinoa loaf and hemp seeds, then baked until golden brown. Avocado fries are the perfect alternative to french fries and make a mouthwatering snack, especially served with this Kale-Infused White Bean Dip.
After I posted this Instagram of my breakfast, a few people were curious about the bread. It’s my best kept secret, for really good reason. Grindstone Bakery in California is the one to blame for my new obsession with bread. They have gluten free and yeast free breads, so if you’re avoiding wheat or gluten for any reason they’re great to order from. I currently have 8 different loaves sitting in my fridge right now ranging from sprouted seed to fennel flavored quinoa. I used the Gluten Free 100% Quinoa Loaf for this recipe, but you can use any of their breads to get the same result.
The dip is easy to make and serves as the much needed smooth compliment to the crunchy avocado fries.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 2 avocados, peeled
- 1½ cup Grindstone Bakery Quinoa Loaf crumbs (about 4, ½" slices)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup white beans
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the avocados ½" thick and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the quinoa bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, add dijon mustard.
- One by one dip the avocados in the dijon mustard, then coat in bread crumbs. Place on the baking sheet and continue until all avocados are coated. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, in a food processor puree the beans, parsley, garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Remove the fries from the heat and plate with dip. Serve immediately.