Colorful Quinoa Salad
A colorful, protein-rich dish that will satisfy your stomach and tastebuds.
Author: Tara Milhem
Serves: 3 servings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 14 oz. Black Beans cooked or canned
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro&Scallions chopped
- ¼ tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ Lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Pour quinoa and vegetable broth into a large pot, bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is simmering, heat the coconut oil and sauté peppers and scallions.
- Once the peppers and scallions are tender, mix the quinoa, black beans, peppers, scallions, and cucumber in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, cumin, oregano, and olive oil. Pour over the quinoa.