Why is it that everyone is making brownies these days and no one is making blondies?! Did you guys forget how good they are? These Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies made my day so much freakin’ better. Just imagine biting into a smooth, creamy, chocolatey bar of almond and coconut flour goodness; well that’s just what this is.
I decided to get creative and test out using both coconut and almond flour from BetterBodyFoods to create a #BetterBodyBlend balance of gluten-free goodness between the sweet coconut and nutty almond. Coconut flour is known to absorb more moisture than other flours, which means you need more wet ingredients like liquid or eggs. When mixing it with almond flour, you can lessen the amount of wet ingredients and still get the sweet, semi-crumbly flavor. Which explains the perfect texture I’ve got here. Stick to a ratio of three parts almond flour to one part coconut flour (3:1) to be safe.
Now I’m challenging you to create your own blend of almond to coconut flour and use it in a recipe. Tag @thewholetara and @betterbodyfoods in your creation.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- ¾ cup Better Body Foods almond flour
- ¼ cup Better Body Foods coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 cup peanut butter, depending on how strong you want the flavor
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt. In a separate bowl combine the maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Add peanut butter and half of the chocolate chips. Be careful to avoid over mixing.
- Place the batter into the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick enters smoothly.
- While the blondies are baking heat the remaining chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Allow the blondies to cool, cut into squares, and top with warm chocolate drizzle.