When life gives you cookies, you make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches. And there’s just no questioning that. Sure you could go to the store and buy a pack of processed cookie dough, but you and I both know it wouldn’t be as tasty and, not to mention, healthy as making it on your own. I promise it’s easy as can be and will be a major crowd-pleaser. Before you get your panties in a bunch, this filling is vegan and gluten free, and when it’s paired with the right cookie it makes for a mouthwatering dessert.
When I first set out to make the filling I was questioning doing fruity flavors or just keeping it simple, but the truth is that this combo is so decadent on its own it doesn’t need any dazzling. You can eat this by the spoonful, handful, wedged between two cookies, or all of the above. The cookies I used are FancyPants Bakery Co‘s nut-free and non-GMO in an effort to keep this recipe as clean as clean gets.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag Fancy Pants Bakery Cookies, any flavor
- In a food processor pulse all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Process until it reaches the consistency of chunky peanut butter, adding water as needed to separate the cashews.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Once cooled, spread the mixture between the cookies and enjoy.