I’m a sucker when it comes down to breakfast bowls. I’ll take ’em soaked, baked, stewed, toasted… you name it. Breakfast is seriously the best reason to wake up in the morning and when it looks like this, you can get anyone outta bed! So what’s one to do when a box of Organic Creamy Buckwheat magically appears at your door step? Make the BEST BLUEBERRY BUCKWHEAT BREAKFAST BOWL ever. That’s what!And so I did.
I wasn’t kidding when I said this will get anyone out of bed. Why? Brace yourselves.
It’s gluten-free. It’s vegan. It’s dairy-free. And it’s delicious. Like really, really delicious.
My brand of choice for this hot cereal is always Bob’s Red Mill. Here’s where to find the Organic Creamy Buckwheat that I used in this recipe.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 cup Blueberries
- ¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- Chia Seeds to top
- Pour ½ cup blueberries in a pot and stew for about 1 minute on medium-high heat, mixing around often.
- Add in the buckwheat and water. Continue mixing, allowing the berries to mash lightly in the buckwheat mixture. Let sit for about 2-4 minutes, or until creamy. Add honey and stir.
- Once everything is cooked thoroughly, remove from the pot and place in a bowl. Stir in the rest of the blueberries and drizzle with chia seeds. Serve cool or warm.