Halloween is here and it’s always fun to get a little festive. Although I’m a fan of balance, I definitely think it’s important to be mindful of what you’re getting yourself into with sugary sweet Halloween treats. Lorna Jane Clarkson shared her Bloody Red Raspberry & Chocolate Velvet Cupcake recipe with me and I’m hooked on this healthy Halloween treat!
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup quinoa flour or amaranth flour
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup rapadura sugar
- 1 beetroot, very finely grated
- ½ cup raspberries , fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- For the garnish:
- 18 raspberries (fresh work best)
- Green yogurt or labne
- 1 tablespoon cacao for dusting
- Preheat oven 170C/350F. Line 18 mini muffin tins with baking paper or patty pans.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blitz 30 seconds.
- Pour into muffin trays and bake 17-20 mins.
- Top with Greek yoghurt or labne, torn fresh raspberries and dust with cacao.
More recipes like this can be found on Lorna Jane’s Move Nourish Believe blog.