Lets be honest here. Watching the SuperBowl isn’t really my thing. In fact I don’t even know who’s playing. But here’s what I do happen to know about the SuperBowl: Commercials are a hit, fried finger foods make the game, and the first Sunday of every February is when it takes place.
Bam! Not bad for a girl who knows nothing, huh? Although greasy, fried, and sticky foods are usually what the Superbowl calls for, we’re changing that up this year. These Baked Buffalo and Barbecue Cauliflower Bites are man-approved and no one will ever know they’re actually pretty healthy. There are two flavors here for everyone on your team.
The batter should look like something like the above. For a thinner consistency, which tends to be easier to work with, add water or almond milk. When making the bites, only lightly dip them in the batter. Overdoing it tends to make the outcome mushy.
In a football shaped dish, of course, I mixed both Buffalo and BBQ flavored bites. They’re both cooked the same way, but when it’s time to add the sauce and bake again, you’ll just switch flavors. Read on for the complete recipe.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 head Cauliflower, chopped into bite sized florets
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour (For Gluten-Free, use GF version)
- ¾-1 cup Water or Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Butter, melted
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce (For BBQ Version)
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, water/milk, garlic powder and salt. For a thinner consistency, add more water.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter and place on a lined baking tray. Be careful not to make the batter too thick on the cauliflower.
- Allow the cauliflower to bake for 25 minutes. In the meantime, allow the butter to melt and mix with the hot sauce to make a Buffalo sauce.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and coat with the Buffalo sauce and/or BBQ. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve with a vegan Ranch dipping sauce.
What’s on your Superbowl menu this year?