1. Keep your blood sugar in check– It’s always the days that you skip a meal that your cravings start soaring right? This means making sure you are eating breakfast at least two hours within waking up and having small meals throughout the day.
2. Aim for nutrient-dense foods– Try to abstain from high-fat foods and bad sugars for at least 2 weeks. After 2 weeks your body becomes assimilated to new habits, guaranteeing you’ll make better choices. Fatty, greasy foods affect the heroine and morphine centers of the brain actually making you addicted!
3. Diet and Splenda are not your friends– Artificial sweeteners are up to 600 times sweeter than actual sugar. When you let your brain become used to these fake sugars, without a doubt you are going to crave sweets!
4. Take a Supplement– Keeping your Omega-3, Omega-6, and Vitamin D levels up are crucial in preventing intense sugary and salty desires. Fish oils are so potent that they have even been proven to stop alcoholism and drug addiction.
5. Know your triggers– If you know that every time you go to the movies you are bound to get buttery popcorn, nachos, and a diet soda, eat before! You want to stop the food association before weakness gets the best of you.
These tips are so easy you can start right now! If incorporating all 5 tips starting tomorrow morning is overwhelming, start with one tip a day. Remember, the walk of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Say bye-bye to cravings and hello to a healthy, fulfilling plate!
What foods do you crave?