Oh baby, today we’re talking hot chocolate. HOT CHOCOLATE, aka the best beverage to ever exist over the holidays. When I was younger there was nothing more I’d look forward to than sipping hot chocolate on a hot winter’s day in Miami (not kidding). So we never really got the whole cold winter thing, but I still loved my hot chocolate ritual. And I’m sure those of you in cold winter climates could use some hot chocolate lovin’ too, which is why I organized 5 Reasons To Drink Hot Chocolate This Holiday.
1. Combats Cancer. Hot chocolate, especially when hot, is filled with antioxidants. It has double the antioxidants than a glass of red wine and three times more than a cup of green tea.
2. Elevates Mood. You might’ve heard before about how chocolate can fight stress, anxiety, and depression. Hot chocolate does it too! The drink triggers a strong release of endorphins, or feel good hormones, to make you bright and happy in no time.
3. Provides Comfort. The simple act of making hot chocolate and wrapping your hands around a warm mug are enough to help you feel calm and all warmed up. You know it works.
4. Sharpens Mind. Believe it or not, your warm cup of cocoa helps boost brain power and improve overall brain health. Flavonoids present in hot chocolate help increase oxygen and blood flow to the brain, helping you think faster and smarter.
5. Reduces Appetite. When chocolate cravings overcome you, sipping on it instead will combat the cravings and leave you feeling satisfied.
Aside from the hot chocolate deliciousness, GODIVA is also helping put people in the giving spirit with a “Hot Chocolate for a Cause” program in partnership with Toys for Tots. If you pop into a GODIVA store through December 15th and buy a cup of Hot Chocolate, they’ll donate $1 to children in need. I love this initiative around the holidays, since not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to give and receive gifts this special time of year. You in? xx