After just getting back from Bali I’ve racked up some of my favorite and most useful tips for traveling here. If you have any other tips, feel free to add them below. I hope these will help you on your travels to Bali, as well as the hotel reviews on the site! xo, Tara
1. Sneakers and sandals are a must. One for exploring and one for beaching.
2. Pack insect repellant, especially if you plan on visiting waterfalls and nature sites.
3. Don’t bring heels. You’ll never really get a chance to wear them.
4. A backpack is essential for traveling around, and a small cross body for walking the town. I used my Cotopaxi Kilimanjaro backpack!
5. Pack a portable toilet paper or tissue pack for public restrooms. They usually don’t have any.
6. Always negotiate prices, especially with taxi drivers and street vendors.
7. Things in Bali are significantly cheaper outside of the hotels, even a massage costs about $5.
8. I highly recommend having one driver in Bali to take you around. Comment your email address and I can send my driver’s contact.
I hope these work for you! Did I miss anything? Comment below.