How often is it that you find a clean alternative to a cookies and cream smoothie? Not very. Trust me, I’ve done my research. Once you make this smoothie once, you’ll be hooked on its thick, creamy, milkshake-like consistency that you’ll want to make double to last you through the day.
I’ll be 100% candid with you and tell you that I grew up on Cocoa Puffs and Silk Soy Milk for breakfast every single morning until I was about 14 years old, so this post is pretty close to my heart. After searching high and low for the right kind of milk for this specific smoothie, I went with none other than Silk’s new Cashew Milk. I’m usually an almond milk kind of girl, but I was looking for something a little creamier this time.
I’m digging this smoothie not only because it tasted absolutely INSANE, but also because it has a ton of health benefits. Ok well maybe not a ton, but it’s pretty good for you. One serving of Silk’s Cashew Milk has more calcium than regular milk and 0g of cholesterol or saturated fat. Not bad, huh? While you’re still using “oreo” cookies, be sure to get the cleanest variety you can find and you’re only using 5 cookies (just one side).
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 cup Silk Cashew Milk
- 4 oz yogurt of choice (or swap for 1 frozen banana)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 "oreo" cookies, cookie part only
- In a blender, blend the cashew milk, yogurt/banana, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the cookie portion of the oreo and pulse very lightly or until cookies are just broken.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until creamy and chilled. Serve with a spoon and enjoy!
Visit Silk’s Smoothie Solution Landing Page for more recipes: www.silk.com/smoothiesolution
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.