Quinoa, Sweet Potato, & Cranberry Stuffing
The perfect Thanksgiving day stuffing alternative.
Author: Tara Milhem
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ Red Onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pecans toasted
- 3 tbsp parsley
- , In a medium saucepan, add 1 + ½ cups water, quinoa, season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil, spray with non-stick, and add sweet potatoes, onions and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Mix sweet potatoes and onions with cooked quinoa. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir in cumin, cranberries, toasted pecans, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.