There are days when you want chocolate and there are days when you want kale. Today is one of those days that a fresh green salad, clean protein, and a big squeeze of lemon is just what the doctor ordered. I made a No-Mayo Tuna Salad earlier this month featuring greek yogurt and avocado instead of mayo, but this Quick and Easy Dijon Tuna Salad substitutes dijon mustard in lieu of a heavy mayonnaise blend.
I’ve been getting requests for individualized meals you can enjoy for lunch that don’t come with any guilt or deprivation, so what better than a lean tuna salad that doesn’t come with the shame of consuming heaps of mayo? Here’s a quick nutritionist-approved guide to enjoying my quick and easy dijon tuna salad for any meal:
Breakfast: On a slice of toasted Ezekiel Toast
Snack: Served inside celery boats
Lunch or Dinner: Over a large green salad with fresh sliced tomatoes
Now what are you waiting for? GO MAKE IT!
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 can lite albacore tuna, drained
- 4 ribs celery (3 ribs diced)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- greens of your choice
- In a prep bowl mix the drained tuna, dijon mustard, and half the lemon juice together until blended. Add in the diced onion, 3 ribs of diced celery, and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl place the greens, dress with the rest of the lemon juice, and mix in the tuna. Use the remaining celery to scoop the tuna, and enjoy!