Guys, I’m back!!! After launching TheWholeTara Recipe App I’ve been a little MIA lately on the blog with new recipes. I wanted to get back in the game with a recipe that had the potential to be a serious new favorite, so what better than this One Bowl Wonder Curry Quinoa and Bean Burger? These one bowl meals have been so popular that I knew this one would be a hit too. I even added crunchy roasted chickpeas for a serious bang. And worry not because this recipe is super easy to make.
This week I was lucky enough to receive a delivery of the two newest Hilary’s Eat Well Veggie Burgers flavors, Curry and Spicy Thai. Fortunately you can’t go wrong with either flavor, which adds to the magic of this One Bowl Wonder. I initially chose the Curry Burger just because it meshes well with the quinoa flavors, but really anything goes. It’s made out of tender lentils, golden curry, and forbidden rice. There’s also the added hint of sweet potato and green peas to bring it all together. I like to serve the veggie burger chopped up as part of the quinoa bowl, but you can also serve it over the quinoa or with a side of greens for a cooler dish.
Spotted eating my One Bowl Wonder in the most beautiful pants from SoulEscape.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 Hilary's Eat Well Veggie Burger (I used Curry Burger flavor)
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Rinse and dry the chickpeas with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil, curry, and salt and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Cook until golden and crispy, about 12-15 minutes.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat bring quinoa and vegetable stock to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook peppers and onions until soft. Add Hilary's Eat Well Veggie Burger and gently chop with a fork to mix in. Next add kale, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and salt. Cook for one minute, or until all of the ingredients are evenly cooked and stir in quinoa and roasted chickpeas. Top with cilantro and enjoy.