My Mama doesn’t mess around when it comes to sweets, hence Mama’s Superfood Brownie Bites. I grew up in a relatively healthy household where nothing was off limits, which always allowed for freedom with food and the natural inclination towards healthier foods. Every day I’d come home from school beyond excited to dig into a big, juicy bowl of fresh fruit, even though there’d be every sweet, chip, and dip in the pantry (this is what happens when you grow up with brothers). I always believed that because I grew up with little restrictions around food, I naturally developed an inclination towards cleaner foods. It was always my friends who would come over and bolt for the kitchen like they’d never seen a cookie before!
However, I’d be lying if I told you I shunned all sweets. There is one, maybe two, desserts that breaks all of the above rules. Naturally this recipe has evolved over the years, give or take some ingredients. A recent switch we made was to substitute milk for Silk’s Dairy Free Soy Creamer. We found that it adds a smooth, creamy texture (plus it’s dairy free!).
I suppose I had to get my sweet tooth from somewhere. 🙂
- ½ cup vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup flour, I use either almond flour or unbleached all-purpose
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Silk Dairy Free Creamer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a mini muffin tin with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Place the butter in a small bowl and microwave until melted. Alternatively, melt in a pan on the stove.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt until combined.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the melted butter, eggs, Silk Creamer, and vanilla extract. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins adding a sprinkle of cacao nibs in the center of each brownie. Leave each individual tin ¾ full and bake until the brownies appear fluffy and a knife comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve topped with cacao nibs.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.