Pasta is a universal craving, right? Nothing compares to a nice big bowl of warm pasta dressed in a creamy sauce. No regrets, people. No regrets. Since these uncontrollable cravings for pasta goodness come a little more often than they should, I thought I’d put together a recipe that’ll make it totally acceptable to give in more often. And by more often I mean like multiple times per week. Is that too much to ask for?
I’ve made alfredo sauces with cauliflower in the past, but I thought I’d switch it up this time and create a Creamy Tomato Alfredo Linguine Pasta sauce that’s made with cashews and tomato, then paired with sautéed asparagus and Gluten-Free Fettuccine from La Pasta.
P.S. they also have a to-die-for ravioli and linguine selection here and here!
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 packet La Pasta Gluten-Free Fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed, trimmed, and chopped into 3 pieces per bunch
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 30 minutes
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 2 Tbsp basil, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the package instructions. When done, drain, cover and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and cook asparagus. Sauté until slightly softened and beginning to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine the cashews, vegetable broth, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, and basil. Process until thick, smooth, and creamy. If pasta sauce is too thick, add pasta cooking water one tbsp at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the pasta pot, mix in asparagus and pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.