Pizza night is one of those things that you just can’t say no to. In fact, I’d create an entire night dedicated to pizza just because of this pizza. When I say this is The Best Vegan Pizza Ever, I’m not kidding. This is a naturally gluten free pizza, the crust is made out of almonds and cauliflower, and the sauce is a dreamy cashew basil spread. I’m drooling just thinking about it… OH and I just had 2 slices.Since I don’t eat very much dairy, I was inspired to make go dairy free on this one. Sure I could have thrown on some vegan cheese and called it a day, but why fake it when you can turn this into a super healthy green-infused pizza pie? My dreamy cashew basil spread is packed with greens and healthy fats, so you’re getting a ton of nutrition in every bite.
For the crust, you won’t have to slave over messy dough ingredients. I used Simple Mills Pizza Dough. It’s made out of the purest ingredients including almonds, flax meal, cauliflower, and oregano. You just add apple cider vinegar and grapeseed oil and stir. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to make, and beyond impressed with how delicious it tasted.
Step 3:Like this recipe? Tweet it your friends.
- 1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Dough
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil (or any other unflavored oil)
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup basil, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 3 tomatoes (I mixed cherry and vine tomatoes), sliced thin
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk apple cider vinegar, oil, and water. Add mix and combine well until a dough forms.
- Spread a light layer of oil on the parchment paper. Place the dough on the baking sheet and flatten onto the baking sheet using your palms creating a raised area for the crust. It's helpful to put oil on your hands, so the dough doesn't stick. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
- In the meantime in a food processor process the spinach, basil, olive oil, cashews, lemon, and salt until smooth.
- Remove the pizza dough and spread dressing evenly over the center of the pizza. Top with tomatoes, avocado, and basil. Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve warm.