I really like toast, usually avocado with a nice lemon, red pepper, and olive oil drizzle but I know it can get a bit boring. So this week I opted for a dressed up, jazzed up, and spiced up sandwich pairing avocado AND my new favorite Roots Hummus, leading me to a 2-Minute Lima Bean Avocado Toast.
Why hummus and avocado? Well with a very generous delivery from Roots Hummus sitting on my countertop and avocados screaming my name– it was time for a sandwich party. The Roots Lima Bean hummus stood out of the crowd, so I smeared it over half of a slice of toasty sprouted grain bread and left the other half for my beloved avocado. What’s great about this toast-wich is that 1) you can keep it as toast or make it a full on sandwich and 2) it’s got protein, fiber, omegas, and flavor.
Win, win, and win again.
You can find Roots Hummus and all of their tasty flavors here.
Like this recipe? Tweet it to your friends.
- 1 slice sprouted grain bread
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Roots Lima Bean Hummus
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Greens or sprouts of your choice, to garnish
- In a toaster lightly heat the bread until tender.
- Spread the avocado over half of the toast leaving some pieces mashed.
- Spread the hummus over the other half of the toast.
- Dress with lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and sea salt.
- Garnish lightly with greens of your choice and enjoy!